The spectacular Twilight Parade is the showpiece of Sydney’s Chinese New Year celebrations. This year more than 3000 performers wound their way through the city streets from Town Hall to Darling Harbour, attracting around 100,000 spectators.
The City of Sydney engaged The P.A. People to provide a fully integrated radio communications system that spanned the parade route and linked back to a centralised control centre. The project was one of the first in Australia to benefit from The P.A. People rollout of its new fleet of Motorola digital two-way handheld radios operating on the Orion digital network.
“As our first time involved with this event, we were presented with the challenge of providing an improved solution to the event’s communication requirements from prior years. Our new digital radio product, combined with our unique ability to seamlessly integrate the wired communications panels in event control, and our comprehensive understanding of the operational nature of events allowed us to meet this challenge and the client’s expectations.” Matt Kirby, Event Communications Manager - The P.A. People
The event solution included:
- 240 Motorola MOTOTRBO DP4600 series digital handheld radios with push-to-talk interfaces, headsets and earpieces.
- 8 ClearCom V-series communications panels for the control centre’s operational and security services to monitor all the radio traffic.
- The latest generation ClearCom Eclipse Median matrix intercom system with direct connection to the control centre keystations and interfaced with the radio system.
- Recording of all the radio communications channels including 17 two-way radio channels.
- Advice and training material for the client.
9-11 Leeds Street, Rhodes, NSW, 2138
P: +61 2 8755 8700
F: +61 2 8755 8599
Subscribe to our mailing list.