The St Kilda Festival is one of Australia’s oldest and biggest street festivals, routinely attracting more than 300,000 visitors across the bayside precinct over nine days. The flagship event is Festival Sunday, held on the second Sunday in February, with streets closed to traffic and the cream of Australian talent performing over five stages with a host of workshops and events from children’s shows and community activities to sports demonstrations.
The need for reliable communications is critical to the festival’s success and once again, the City of Port Phillip engaged The P.A. People to provide a range of technical services to monitor all operational and safety aspects of the event.
“We provide a significant number of systems that allow all the stakeholders including essential services and production staff the ability to monitor activities in real-time around the entire event site.”Campbell Waller, Event Communications Manager - The P.A. People
The event solution typically includes:
- A fully networked CCTV system with 26 cameras with control systems and recording to enhance event operations, management and security.
- Environment and noise monitoring using SPLnet with analysis and reporting services.
- Point-to-point data links, Ethernet networks and cabling infrastructure, enabling all services to be delivered over the network and connecting the operational control to the Council building via LAN.
- Power distribution and UPS systems.
- Project management, installation, and operation staff.
9-11 Leeds Street, Rhodes, NSW, 2138
P: +61 2 8755 8700
F: +61 2 8755 8599
Subscribe to our mailing list.